Adapted from cooks.com
1/2 cup white or all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup grated tart apple, such as pinova or Granny Smith
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a muffin tin with papers or lightly grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, carrots, and apple.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
Serves 4–5. Prep time, 10 minutes; cooking time, 25 minutes.