Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
3 tablespoons raw peanuts
2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon peanut oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 head bok choy
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons broth or water
2 pinches of salt
- Heat a wok or heavy-bottom skillet to medium-high, and fry the peanuts in 2 teaspoons of peanut oil until they’re golden. Remove from pan and chop with pepper flakes and a pinch of salt, and set aside.
- Slice off the bok choy stems and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Leave the leaves whole.
- Set the wok over high heat and add a tablespoon of peanut oil and roll around the sides.
- When hot, add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bok choy and a pinch of salt and stir-fry until glossy and wilted.
- Add the soy sauce and the cornstarch mixture, and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, until the leaves are shiny and glazed.
- Add the crushed peanuts and serve with rice or noodles.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com