Adapted from food.com
1¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
⅔ cup chopped dried peaches
⅓ cup sliced almonds or chopped pistachios
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup butter, melted
2½ teaspoons vanilla
Rind of 1 orange, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and grated orange rind. Add dried peaches and nuts.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture. The dough will be sticky.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured work surface, and divide dough into two pieces.
- Flour your hands and roll one piece into a log almost the length of your cookie sheet. Repeat with second piece.
- Place both on cookie sheet and flatten to about ½ an inch. Both logs should fit lengthwise on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut diagonally into ¾-inch slices.
- Lay cookies on their side and return to a 300°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip each cookie onto the other side. Bake another 10 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Makes about 24 biscotti. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 45 minutes.