By Delilah’s Farm Report
1 cup rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup strawberries, cut in half
3/4 cup sugar
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- Defrost puff pastry on a floured surface for about 40 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put rhubarb, strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until very soft, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- If the mixture is runny, drain off fruit and reduce liquid over medium heat until it has the consistency of a very thick syrup.
- Add back to fruit and set aside to cool.
- Cut puff pastry into four squares.
- Place about 1 ½ tablespoons of fruit in the middle of each square.
- Wet the edges with water and fold in half diagonally to form a triangle.
- Crimp along the two open sides with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Prep time, 10 minutes; cooking time, 20 – 25 minutes, serves 4.