Adapted from Chef Eric Skokan
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 quart water
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup finely slivered mint leaves
Salt to taste
Lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, mix lemon juice with 1 quart water.
- Rinse and core apples, cut them in half and thinly slice lengthwise. Cut the slices into matchstick-size slivers. Place apple matchsticks in lemon water and soak for 1 minute.
- Drain apples well but gently and return to bowl. Add the orange juice and oil and mix gently.
- Add the slivered mint and salt, and mix to combine.
- Lay 2–3 leaves of lettuce in a cross pattern on each plate, spoon the apple salad onto the center of the lettuce leaves and garnish with mint sprigs.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes.