Adapted from foodandwine.com
3–4 peaches, plums, and/or any other available stone fruit
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter (still warm)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Fresh mint, cilantro, or basil, chopped (about 2 tablespoons, more or less if preferred)
Marscarpone cheese (optional)
- Light the grill (or heat a skillet) to medium heat.
- While grill heats, combine the melted butter, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Halve the peaches and plums, remove pits, and place them on the grill, cut-side down.
- Grill for a couple of minutes, and turn.
- Baste the fruit with the butter mixture, grill for a couple more minutes, turn again and baste.
- Continue to grill and baste until fruit is caramelized and slightly charred, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer fruit to plates, sprinkle with fresh chopped mint, and serve with a dollop of marscarpone (optional).
Serves 2. Prep time, 4 minutes; cook time, 5–7 minutes.
Cook’s note: Grilled fruits also make an excellent addition to a grilled meat dish, or a salad.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com