Courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup corn kernels, cut from the cob
1 cup shitake mushroom caps, sliced 1/2 to 1/4-inch thick
1/4 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash of hot sauce (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, corn, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to caramelize. Reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk together hot sauce and eggs and pour over vegetables.
- Wait one minute before stirring, then stir frequently until eggs are cooked through, about 2–3 minutes.
- Top with parsley and/or cheese if using, and serve.
Serves 2. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.
Cook’s note: To make this recipe vegan, use 14oz of drained, crumbled tofu (firm or extra-firm) instead of eggs, but keep heat on medium-high when adding to veggies. Stir until tofu is heated through, and serve.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com