By Tanya Milosevich
1 bunch kale, washed, and cut into chiffonade
Juice of one lemon
Pinch of salt
2 carrots, grated
1/2 basket grape tomatoes, washed and halved
1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut in quarters
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Juice from half a lemon
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the kale in a bowl and toss with half the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Let sit while you prepare the avocado dressing.
- Mash one ripe avocado in a small bowl with some salt.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and the juice from half the lemon.
- Mix well and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the carrots, tomatoes and cucumber to the kale and toss with the dressing.
- Top with the pumpkin seeds.
Prep time: 20 minutes. Serves 2-3.
Cook’s Note: This salad would be good with goat cheese!
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com