Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
4 Kennebec potatoes, scrubbed well
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into matchsticks about 1/4-inch thick, and soak in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Drain, place on towel, and pat dry thoroughly.
- Toss with oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment (or a silicone baking sheet).
- Bake 12–15 minutes, until underside is browned. Turn with a spatula and continue baking until the other side is also browned, another 12–15 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and toss with salt.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15 minutes (including warm water soak); cook time, 30 minutes.
Cook’s note: Kennebecs are thought to be the best potatoes for French fries! Make garlic fries by sautéing minced garlic (1–2 cloves) with a little olive oil. Add salt and one teaspoon chopped parsley or rosemary to sautéed garlic, and toss cooked potatoes with mixture. For spicy fries, add chili powder or paprika to cooked fries with salt.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com