Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
1 cup potato or sweet potato, in 1/2-inch dice
1 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup chopped onion or scallions (if using scallions, add a couple teaspoons for garnish)
1–2 cloves garlic, minced
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup grated cheese of your choice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 6-inch ovenproof skillet. If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, you can transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish before baking.
- Add onion and garlic, and sauté until soft but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook until potatoes are cooked through, stirring frequently, about 6–8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and stir to combine, then sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake until eggs are set and top is lightly browned, about 30–35 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with scallions (if using).
Serves 4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 45 minutes.
Cook’s note: Serve plain or topped with salsa or tomato sauce. You can make individual frittatas by baking in muffin tins for 20–25 minutes. These make great breakfast sandwiches when served on a toasted English muffin. Or, bake mini frittatas in mini muffin tins for 15–18 minutes for a snack or appetizer.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com