Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 bunch of turnips, greens removed trimmed & sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
1/2 cup rice or white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
water to cover
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- If turnips are tough, peel before slicing.
- Combine sugar, salt and vinegar in a medium-sized bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add turnips and add water to cover.
- Stir to combine. Allow to stand 15min.
- Remove the turnips from the liquid, add toasted sesame seeds and toss.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com