Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 bunch asparagus, peeled
1/4 lb. bacon, plain or apple-smoked, diced
1 bunch flat parsley, chopped
hazelnuts or pine nuts
3/4 lb. chicken breast shallots, diced
- Roast the chicken breast in the oven until juicy tender.
- Peel the asparagus and blanch in boiling, salted water (about 90 seconds).
- Slow cook the bacon and then strain out the bacon fat and set the bacon aside.
- Saute the shallots in the bacon fat until golden brown, add the nuts, flat parsley and a few drops of sherry vinegar; then add the bacon back in and toss.
- Slice the chicken on top of the asparagus.
- Serve warm. Serves 2.
Inspired by Chef Christophe Grosjean of L’Auberge Carmel.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com