Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
1 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon onion (any kind), chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Optional toppings: crushed peanuts, chopped scallions, and/or coconut to sprinkle on top after baking
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a small skillet. Add onion and garlic, and cook on medium heat until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they begin to brown, about 3–4 minutes
- Add curry powder, stir well, and cook about 1 minute.
- Add cream, increase heat and bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is thick, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cut puff pastry into 12 equal squares, about 2 inches each.
- Place puff pastry squares on a baking sheet.
- Distribute mushroom mixture evenly in the center of each square (about a teaspoon or so).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and serve warm sprinkled with optional toppings.
Serves 4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.
Cook’s note: Puff pastry is great to keep in your freezer for last-minute appetizers and desserts. It keeps for a very long time and defrosts quickly.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com