Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
2 cups rhubarb cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cups apple cut into 1-inch chunks
1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar (see Cook’s note)
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons dry pectin (optional—the jam will be thicker if you use pectin, but it’s fine without it)
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook until fruit is very soft, about 20 minutes. (If using the pectin, stir in at this point. Be sure to stir until it dissolves.)
- Increase heat to medium high and cook until jam thickens, about 5–10 minutes.
- Store jam in a glass container in the fridge for up to 10 days or so, or freeze.
- If canning, place in sterilized jars and water process for 10 minutes.
Makes about 4 cups. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 30–35 minutes.
Cook’s note: Rhubarb is tart, so if you want a sweet jam, use the full amount of sugar; if you like tarter jam, use less.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com