Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
1-1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced (or more to taste)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon finely chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, oregano, marjoram (optional)
1/4 cup grated cheese, such as Parmesan, Gruyère, Jack (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook over medium-low heat until all begin to caramelize, stir infrequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Add egg (herbs and cheese if using) and mix thoroughly.
- If mixture seems too dry, add a little bit of oil or a bit more beaten egg.
- If too loose to hold together, add a bit more breadcrumbs.
- Form into four equal patties. Place the remaining breadcrumbs on a plate, coat the patties, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until browned, about 20 minutes.
Serves 2–4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.
Cook’s note: You can top these with tomato sauce, pesto, salsa, or any sauce of your choice. Served with a salad it’s a nice lunch, or serve as a side dish for dinner. You can also fry the patties in heated oil for about 2 minutes per side.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com