Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
4 chioggia beets, with 1” of stems
2 tablespoons scallions or other onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or other vinegar)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon grated orange zest (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup olive oil
- Cover beets in water and simmer in a covered saucepan until tender, about 15- 20 minutes depending on size.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- When cool, slip off skins.
- Slice beets 1/4” thick.
- In small bowl or jar with lid combine scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, mint, zest, salt and pepper.
- Add oil slowly, whisking until blended.
- Add beets and toss
- Add more vinegar or salt as needed.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com