Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 cup course ground whole wheat flour
1 cup stone ground wheat flour (we recommend Full Belly)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons – . cup honey (to taste)
1-2 tablespoons (to your taste) black molasses
2 farm fresh eggs
1 cup milk
A few drops of vanilla extract (to taste)
Fresh or frozen berries
- Let ingredients sit until they are at room temperature.
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- Use large serving spoon to pour onto greased griddle or frying pan.
- Temperature should allow for slow cooking yet brown outside (the molasses makes it appear brown when it might not be done).
- Sprinkle berries on top.
- When bubbles begin to appear on top, flip.
- Cook until they spring back when touched.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com