Recipe by Non-Reactive Pan, clarosouthwick.com/blog
1 cup fresh corn kernels cut from the cob
4–8 ounces black beans (cooked or canned), rinsed
1 avocado, skin and pit removed, sliced
1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
Juice of 1 lime
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro, parsley, or mint, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, and add corn kernels as soon as the oil starts to spit.
- Sauté corn over high heat for 2–3 minutes, or until kernels start to brown slightly, then remove from heat to a large bowl.
- Put sliced avocado in a shallow bowl, sprinkle with paprika and a pinch of salt, drizzle with lime juice, and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Add black beans to the corn in the bowl and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place avocado slices and lime marinade on top, and garnish with fresh herbs (optional).
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com