Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 small head green cabbage or other cabbage
4 large carrots, shredded
1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
3/4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat is fine, as is swapping half with yogurt
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon celery seed (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Quarter and core the cabbage.
- Slice the cabbage thinly.
- Transfer chopped cabbage into a large bowl.
- Stir in the shredded carrot and parsley, reserving a few tablespoons of parsley for garnish.
- In separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with dressing to taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com