Recipe by Non-Reactive Pan, clarosouthwick.com/blog
2 bell peppers (any color), de-seeded and sliced in strips
1 onion cut into strips
1–2 zucchini (or other summer squash) cut in lengthwise slices 1/4-inch thick
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried cumin
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
4 tablespoons mayonnaise, Vegenaise, or sour cream
- Heat up 1/4 cup of the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet, preferably a grill pan.
- Place sliced bell pepper and onion in the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in squash slices and cook another 5 minutes or until squash begins to soften and just turn brown.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mix together mayo/sour cream, cumin, paprika, and chili powder.
- Spoon veggie mixture onto well-heated tortillas, roll up, and top with a dollop of the dressing.
Serves 2. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.
Cook’s note: Try adding sliced grilled mushrooms and/or eggplant, and topping with guacamole or fresh avocado slices. Heat tortillas in grill pan, or wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com