Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
2 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
3–4 tablespoons soft butter, olive oil, mayonnaise, or Vegenaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs of choice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel (optional)
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grated or crumbled cheese (optional)
Brush corn with 1 teaspoon butter, olive oil, or mayo.
METHOD 1: Grilled:
- Place on grill over medium heat and grill until charred on all sides, about 10–15 minutes.
METHOD 2: Roasted:
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 425°F until caramelized on all sides, about 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining ingredients except cheese. Brush desired amount on hot corn and sprinkle with cheese (if using).
Serves 2. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 15–20 minutes
Suggested Flavor Combinations:
- MEXICAN—cilantro, lime zest and juice, queso fresco (optional—chili powder to taste)
- ITALIAN—oregano and/or basil, Parmesan cheese (omit juice)
- GREEK—oregano, dill, lemon zest and juice, feta cheese
- FRENCH—thyme, lemon zest and juice, Gruyere or Parmesan cheese
- AMERICAN—parsley, lemon zest and juice, cheddar cheese.