Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
1 cup eggplant, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
(Note: very small eggplant may be left unpeeled)
1 cup zucchini or other summer squash, cut into ¾-inch cubes
1 cup sweet pepper and/or tomato, de-seeded and diced
1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced (red, white, or yellow)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup veggie broth
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Fresh chopped herb options (pick one):
1/4 cup fresh dill
2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add other veggies and sauté until just barely tender, around 3–5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, bring to a boil, and reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in fresh herbs, remove from heat, add zest and juice, and toss lightly.
Serves 2–4. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 8–10 minutes.
Cook’s note: Serve alone as a side dish or over pasta or rice as an entree.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com