Recipe courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 eggplant, whole
1/4 cup tahini
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 Tbsp cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Juice 1/2 lemon OR 2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt to taste
- Bake eggplant rubbed with EVOO at 350 F on a baking sheet until soft and wrinkled and easily punctured with a fork (about 30 minutes).
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise and scoop out the pulp.
- Mash the eggplant, add tahini, minced garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice.
- Place all in a blender until smooth.
- Salt to taste and let stand for half an hour to allow to cool and meld flavors.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil, dashes of cumin and paprika.
Serve on sturdy bread, pita, or with chopped vegetables as a dip.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com