Recipe by The FruitGuys
1 1/2–2 cups potatoes, cut in bite-sized chunks (peels are optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh herb leaves (dill, basil, mint, parsley, etc.)
2 tablespoons red onion or shallot, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add an inch of water to a large saucepan with a steamer basket or metal colander; cover and bring water to a boil.
- Place cut potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 7–15 minutes depending on size of chunks.
- Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine fresh herbs, onion, oil, vinegar, mustard, and a few sprinkles each of salt and pepper.
- Add steamed potatoes and toss to combine.
- Season to taste, and serve warm or cold, garnished with a few sprigs of fresh chopped herbs.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 7–15 minutes.
Cook’s note: To make this salad creamy, substitute 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or Vegenaise for the oil, mustard, and vinegar. You can also try using both mayo and vinegar for a creamy-tangy combo!
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com