Recipe by The FruitGuys
3 tablespoons fresh lavender buds
2 cups of granulated sugar
- Mix sugar and lavender together and place in an airtight container.
- If you prefer lavender buds to be finely chopped, run mixture through a food processor first until desired texture is reached.
- Store container in a cool, dry place for 1–2 weeks, shaking occasionally.
- After sugar has become saturated with lavender flavor, whole buds may be left in or sifted out using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Add lavender sugar to hot or cold tea; sprinkle on sugar or butter cookies before baking; use in recipes in place of regular sugar; mix into softened butter for a yummy spread.
Makes 2 cups. Prep time, 5 minutes. Flavor infusing time, 1–2 weeks.
Cook’s note: Quantities may be cut in half or doubled depending on desired usage.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com