Adapted from theperfectpantry.com
1 medium eggplant, cut into 2-inch thick circles
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic (more or less to taste)
Pinch of red chili flakes (or more to taste)
1/4 cup chopped scallion, shallot, or red onion
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar or rice wine vinegar
Fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- Brush slices of eggplant with vegetable oil.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat and grill eggplant slices for 2–3 minutes per side, or until desired texture is reached.
- Remove from heat and cut into 1-inch dice.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients except for fresh herbs.
- Toss the eggplant with the dressing and top with herb garnish (optional).
- Serve as is or over a bed of greens.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com