Recipe by Non-Reactive Pan, clarosouthwick.com/blog
1 to 1 1/2 cups okra, stems and any tough parts removed, and cut into rounds
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder or paprika
1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt to taste
- On a slightly warmed up pan, add oil.
- Once the oil gets nice and hot, add the cumin powder, cooking until it’s darkish brown and you can smell the aroma.
- Add remaining spices in quick succession. You only have to cook the mixture for 2–3 seconds; you will notice it getting smoky.
- Add okra and stir, reduce flame to low-medium, and add 1/4–1/3 cup of water, or to your discretion—basically you need just enough to cook the okra and no more, or it can turn sticky and gluey.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, cover, and cook for about 5–7 minutes.
- Keep checking. If the water does not seem to reduce, remove the lid.
- Once you can break a piece with the spoon or spatula, it’s done.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com