2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
1-2 small summer squash cut into 1/8 inch matchsticks
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Few ounces Romano or parmesan cheese, in thin slices – a peeler works great for this
- Heat the oil on high in a large skillet.
- When it is hot but not smoking, add the almonds to the pan.
- Cook them, while stirring, until the almonds are golden brown, approximately a minute or two.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, tossing it with the oil and almonds until it just begins to glisten, about one minute.
- The idea is not to cook the zucchini so much as to warm it.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, with or without cheese on top.
Visit the blog at SmittenKitchen.com to read the full recipe and see their beautiful photos.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com