Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
2 cups Brussels sprouts
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion, shallot, or red onion
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim tough outer leaves from Brussels sprouts and cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water large enough to accommodate the sprouts.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts and blanche for 1 minute.
- Drain and place immediately in ice water to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Place Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss desired amount with veggies, and serve
Serves 2. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 1 minute.
Cook’s note: If you don’t like the flavor of raw onion, soak onion in white wine vinegar for 5 minutes, then drain well. This will take the harshness out of the onion.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com