Adapted from steamykitchen.com
1 spaghetti squash
2–3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley or basil, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pierce squash a few times with a fork or sharp paring knife (to let steam escape).
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a paring knife easily pierces skin with little resistance
- Let squash cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Using a large spoon, remove and discard the seeds and pulp.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash into long strands, like spaghetti.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook for 3–5 minutes until soft.
- Add parsley and salt, and stir in spaghetti squash strands.
- Toss well, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and add more salt to taste.
- Serve warm. (Squash should be al dente—with a slight crunch).
Serves 4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 1 hour.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com