By Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
3–4 medium beets, scrubbed and ends trimmed
1 Fuyu persimmon
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon finely zested orange peel
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped mint
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and roast until tender, 35–45 minutes depending on size of beets.
- Allow beets to cool, about 30 minutes, then peel and cut into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Peel the Fuyu persimmon (optional) and cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges.
- Whisk together juice, zest, vinegar, oil, mint, salt, and pepper.
- Place beet and persimmon slices on a platter and drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with pomegranate seeds (if using), and serve.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 45 minutes.
Cook’s note: Serve over chopped lettuce, kale, or chard for a heartier salad.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com