Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1-2 bunches broccoli, flowers separated from peeled stems, chopped
2 cups mixed veggies such as mushrooms, sliced radishes and/or chopped cabbage
3 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil (or other high-heat oil)
1/4 cup sesame seeds or chopped almonds
2/3 package of Soba noodles or rice noodles
Chili flakes to taste
- Cook noodles in salted water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and sauté garlic ,1-2 minutes.
- If using mushrooms, add and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 min.
- Add broccoli stems and cook another 1 min before adding florets and remaining veggies.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cover.
- Cook until veggies are tender but still crunchy.
- Remove the lid and add the soy sauce, sugar and chili flakes to taste.
- Remove from heat and add remaining sesame oil, seeds or nuts, and toss with noodles.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to serve cold later.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com