Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
1 spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Fresh herb leaves (optional):
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley, basil, savory, oregano, thyme, or a combination (start with a teaspoon and add more to taste).
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Roast until you can easily pierce it with a fork, about 45–50 minutes.
- Place on a platter cut side up and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Scrape out squash lengthwise with a fork (it will look like spaghetti) and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss gently.
Serves 3–4. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 45–50 minutes.
Cook’s note: The size of the squash may impact serving size and cook time.