Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
1 pound penne pasta (16 ounces)
1 1/2–2 cups mushrooms, gently washed and chopped into bite-size pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh flat-leaf parsley or thyme leaves, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil or butter to a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté onions, garlic, and pepper flakes (if using) for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent—about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until softened and fragrant, about 5–10 minutes (add more oil or butter to prevent sticking as necessary).
- Add salt and pepper to taste, toss with cooked pasta, and serve warm.
Serves 4 as an entrée. Prep time, 10–15 minutes; cook time, 15–20 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com