Adapted from vegweb.com
1 1/2–2 cups leeks, finely chopped (use white and very light green parts)
2 cups potatoes, scrubbed and cubed or finely sliced (peels optional)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth (should almost cover the ingredients)
1/2 cup cream or soy milk (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse chopped leeks very well before using.
- In a large pot, add olive oil and sauté onions and leeks for two minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in cream or soy milk (if using). Carefully blend with an immersion blender or food processor until smooth (you may wish to let the soup cool slightly first).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com