By Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
2 cups peeled Jerusalem artichokes (aka “sunchokes”), cut into 1-inch chunks
2–4 cloves of garlic (to taste), peeled but left whole
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise or Vegenaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Toss together the Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until lightly caramelized, about 15–20 minutes.
- Place in food processor with mayonnaise and cheese, and pulse until almost smooth (I like a bit of texture left in it).
- Taste for seasonings and add additional salt and or pepper if needed.
- Place in bowl and stir in parsley.
Yields around 2 cups. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.
Cook’s note: Use as a dip for pita or veggies or as a spread on crostini.