By Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups potato, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup onion, in large dice
1/4 cup celery, in large dice
1/4 cup carrot, in large dice
2–4 cloves of garlic (to taste), peeled but left whole
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2–3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together the cauliflower, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat broth in a large saucepan.
- Add cooked vegetables to broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender to desired consistency (I like it with some texture, but if you want a smooth soup you may have to add a bit more broth).
Serves 4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 30 minutes.