Recipe adapted from epicurious.com
1 each apple and pear, halved, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
1/2–1 teaspoon minced fresh sage or rosemary
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Garnish: fresh sage leaves or rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Brush baking sheet with olive oil.
- Gently toss sliced fruit with 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced herbs.
- Arrange fruit in single layer on sheet. Broil until fruit is tender and edges begin to brown, but not burn, about 5 minutes.
- Turn pan halfway through for even browning.
- Remove to serving plate(s), sprinkle with pepper, and garnish if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Serves 4–6 as a side dish. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes.
Cook’s note: Recipe may be doubled, tripled, etc.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com