Recipe by Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
4 cups hearty greens (chard, kale, collards), cleaned, heavy stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallot or scallion
White wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- With a paring knife, peel the grapefruit, removing all white pith.
- Place a strainer over a bowl, and cut segments from between membrane, reserving the juice.
- Measure juice, and add enough white wine vinegar to make 3 tablespoons.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add shallot or scallion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in agave nectar, juice/vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Add greens and toss until they just start to wilt, 1–2 minutes.
- Place in serving bowls and top with grapefruit sections.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes.