Recipe courtesy of Delilah’s Farm
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup red onion, in large dice
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
3 cups sweet potato, in large dice
1 1/2 cups chopped chard
8 oz. penne, cooked according to package directions
Parmesan cheese to taste
- While boiling the water for the pasta, heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and sweet potato, and cook until soft but not mushy.
- During the last minute of cooking the pasta, add the chard to the pasta water, reserving a bit of the water.
- When pasta is cooked, strain pasta and chard, and add directly to the skillet with the potato mixture.
- Toss together and cook for about 30 seconds. If mixture seems too dry, add some of the pasta water a tablespoon at a time.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese to taste.
Serves 4. Prep time, 15–20 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com