Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
1 celery root, peeled, sliced in half, cut into 1/2-inch slices widthwise
1 rutabaga, peeled, cut in half, then into 1/2-inch thick slices
1 red beet, peeled, cut in half, then into 1/2-inch thick slices
3 shallots, cut in half, then into 1/2-inch thick slices
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
1 lemon, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 box of couscous, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet with a lid, melt the butter in the olive oil.
- When the butter stops foaming, add the shallots and garlic.
- Sauté for 2–3 minutes, and add the rest of the veggies.
- Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables begin to brown, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover skillet and place in oven for about 25 minutes, braising until tender.
- Top couscous with braised vegetables, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Garnish with mint and lemon slices.
Serves 4 as a side dish, 2–3 as a main course. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 31 minutes.