By FarmShares member Martha Slater, Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 red kuri squash
1 cup white sugar
2 cup hot milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of salt
- Halve the squash and remove the seeds, put it back together and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake it in the oven until it’s soft enough to squeeze.
- When it’s cool, scoop the flesh out of the skin into a blender (2 cups), add the sugar, hot milk, melted butter, cinnamon, ginger, salt and eggs.
- Blend it quickly, then pour it into 6 buttered ramekins and bake until they don’t jiggle anymore and a knife stuck into the center comes out clean.
- Top off with fresh whipped cream if you want to make it extra special!
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com