1 bunch tokyo turnips with greens
about 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut greens from turnip necks, rinse and set aside.
- Pare necks and scrub turnips.
- Set turnips in steaming basket over boiling water and arrange greens over them.
- Cover and steam until turnips are just barely tender.
- Timing varies with size and steamer, but 5 minutes is usual.
- Spread turnips and greens on towel to dry.
- Cut greens into 1-inch sections, more or less. Toss with about 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Arrange in a wreath or nest on a serving plate.
- Slice turnips, toss with 1/2 Tbsp oil, or to taste.
- Nest in the greens.
- Accompany with salt and a pepper mill.