Recipe Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 tablespoon olive oil
l medium celery root, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup wild rice
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 cups broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Heat oil in skillet, add celery root and onion and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in rice, thyme, broth and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower to a simmer and cook until tender (40-60 minutes, depending on the rice used).
- Stir in cranberries and remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh green onions (optional).