Recipe Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 bunch collard greens, chopped
1 spring onion, tip to tip, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green chile, chopped (optional)
1 dried red chile, broken OR 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger OR a pinch of dried ginger
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Over medium heat, put oil in a large pan and warm.
- Add the mustard seeds, chiles and ginger and stir for about 15 seconds.
- Add the onion and allow it to begin to cook– about a minute.
- Add the collard greens and cook about 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover, turn down heat slightly and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with garam masala.