For use as a side dish (delicious with a little salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese), or in soups, pies, breads, muffins, ravioli, and more!
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Remove stem, cut squash in half, and scrape out seeds.
3. Place squash cut-side-down on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
4. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn cut-side-up and continue roasting until fork-tender, another 20 minutes or so, depending on thickness of squash.
5. Once cool, scrape flesh from skin with a spoon.
6. Puree in a food processor, adding in water as necessary.