Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
4 servings (8 ounce) your favorite whole wheat, soba, or rice noodle
1 bunch spinach, chard, beet, or radish greens roughly chopped
1/2 pound radishes, sliced thinly in rounds
1/2 cup black or white sesame seeds
Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Cook noodles according to package, adding chopped greens to the hot noodles and water just before draining.
- Toss with small quantity of oil to the noodles to prevent sticking and chill in the refrigerator while prepping remaining ingredients.
- Wash and cut radishes in rounds.
- Put sesame seeds in a skillet or pan just large enough for them to cover the bottom.
- Toast over medium heat about 3 min, shaking the pan gently to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix the vinegar, tamari and oil in a bowl.
- When noodles and greens are chilled, toss or layer them with radishes, seeds, and dressing, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Serves 4. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes (not including cooking noodles).