Recipe by Delilah’s Farm for The FruitGuys
2 cups asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley and/or chives (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in a sauté pan.
- Add asparagus, snap peas, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sauté until just tender, about 5–8 minutes.
- Toss with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and place on a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream or yogurt, lemon zest, the rest of the lemon juice, horseradish, and 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste).
- Drizzle sauce over vegetables and top with parsley or chives (if using).
Serves 2. Prep time, 15 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.
Cook’s note: To remove string from snap peas, pull down the stem along the side and the string should come off with the stem.
To prepare horseradish, peel with a vegetable peeler then grate with a microplane or in a food processor.