Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 bunch kale, stems and ribs removed
Salt and freshly milled pepper
1 small onion, finely diced
3/4 tablespoon olive oil
1 plump garlic clove, minced
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/4 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup cooked cannellini, rinsed well if canned
Freshly grated Parmesan, optional
- Simmer the kale in a skillet with salted water until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the cooking water, and chop the leaves.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in the oil with the garlic, pepper flakes, and rosemary for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until it is reduced to a syrupy sauce.
- Add the beans, kale, and enough cooking water to keep the mixture loose.
- Heat through, taste for salt and season with pepper, and serve with a dusting of Parmesan. Serves 2-4.