Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
Cippolini onions are an excellent variety of onion for roasting or grilling, as they are extra sweet when cooked or caramelized.
Spring cippolini onions, green trimmed off
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- If onions are particularly large, they can be halved or quartered.
- Place a glass or ceramic cooking dish in the oven to preheat.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey & salt in a bowl or glass jar.
- In a large bowl, toss onions and dressing.
- Sprinkle with dried thyme.
- Carefully add onions to the hot pan.
- Roast 15-20 minutes until onions are caramelized and just tender.